Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Happenings at the Brackers

I wish I could tell you how proud I am of my boys! Thomas is an active member of the Civil Air Patrol and was privileged to participate in our church 4th of July ceremony this past weekend. Someday, if you have a boy who loves history, talk to me about CAP and its benefits! Also this

weekend, we drove to Jasper for a major swim meet. We are not competitive swimmers by nature. But Daniel got a bug in his bonnet a few months ago that he wanted to try swimming. Thankfully, we live 10 minutes from the swimming pool, so even though he swims 5 days a week (1 1/2 hours a day), it's easy to drop him off and go back to homeschooling. Then at 9:30, I go back and pick him up. The best thing is, because he loves it, he doesn't complain about swimming laps and laps and laps. Voluntary exercise! He's learning discipline, and he's being humbled in a good way. He used to think he was hot stuff! He learned the very first day that he pales in comparison even to the girls lol! It's been very good for him! I'm so proud because instead of whining and quitting, he buckled up with nary a word and works hard every single day!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! I know you are super proud of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is mom! :) I did look at this, and I am so happy that the boys are having such an abundant life!!!
    I am praying for safety for all of you and all of us.
    I know these kids here wouldn't mind swimming every day! lol
    but I'm not sure they would want to do it competitively.
    The exercise alone has got to be good for Daniel. See if he has less allergies and a better appetite?
    We miss you all. Looking forward to seeing you in August!!
    love, mom
    ps. Thomas looks good in his uniform. I told him to be careful and pray before he gets into the real military , however. make sure it is God's will. which I know you are saying the same thing.
    He, and all your children are so very precious.!
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I would suggest changing the phrase, "bug in his bonnet" to "bug in his beret", for a boy! HA!

    ReplyDelete