Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Hostess With the Mostest


What a great hostess! Maybe she has learned a lesson or two about hospitality. We try to open our home at least semi-regularly for guests for several reasons. First, it's fun. Second, it teaches us all to share and to put the needs and wants of others first. Third, it keeps the house clean :-). Well, Gracie got a wonderful tea set for Christmas (Thank you Grandma Willis!) and has put it to use with daily tea parties in her room (invitation only). It is quite an honor to be invited for tea in Grace's room. She brings down her pitcher and I send her up with tea and a snack to share. Baby (another Grandma gift) is always invited, and today the special guests were her brothers (who we call Little Man and Middle Man). Asher is too young to balk at a tea party. And Ethan is too aware that *real* food and drink are being served. He can put up with a little pink for a snack. LOL

5 comments:

  1. I need to take some lessons from miss Grace!!! :)

    I have the links to those articles I was telling about on my blog if you want to check them out! I will email them to you too, but I also have some other good links on my blog also!!

    Loved chatting with you last night!!! Maybe we can have a picnic soon!!! lol :)

    Love ya!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You are the Hostess with the Mostess! I love coming to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So have you been invited to one of these tea parties? :-)
    Looks like fun! Tell her I want a tea party when we come next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can still remember when Richard and I first came to ya'lls house in FL. We were childless then and so impressed by your wonderful children! What a great example you laid before us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete