Saturday, August 8, 2009

Six Flags Over Georgia

We took a family trip to Six Flags Over Georgia on Friday and had a great time. We've been doing a new budgeting system for a couple of months now and had only budgeted $100 for this trip. But with tickets, parking, food, and Taco Bell afterwards, we came in at $91. Granted we had a few tricks up our sleeves, but that's what makes it so much fun! April and 3 of the children had free tickets from a reading program. Asher was free anyway. We bought Grace's ticket on EBay and had a coupon for B1G1 Free for Robert & Thomas. We parked at a Wendy's (asked permission!!!) and walked a quarter mile for FREE! The children all got Dipping Dots or snow cones, but we brought breakfast and lunch from home. All in all, we worked together and it was a fabulous, fun day! Enjoy the pictures!


Daniel loved the water slides, while Thomas just spent time pouring water on unsuspecting victims from above.


While Robert took the older three on coasters, I took the littles on trains and boats galore! Above is the Monster Mansion, which scared the littles. Good thing I took the picture ahead of time. Below, I took the littles on the skybuckets. They really enjoyed it!



Here Grace is feeling friendly at Thomas the Train land. After going on her first up-side down coaster, she felt Thomas the Train was "so slow Mom". I hate it when they grow up at 4.


And we did get together for half the day for family rides. The Mind Bender was a coaster when I was a child. Of course then, it was the fastest coaster in the park. Now, 4 year olds ride it regularly. You can see Daniel and Beth in the front, Robert with Grace behind them, and Thomas bringing up the rear. Ethan politely declined the whole upside-down business.

I'm so proud of these guys. It was hot, it was crowded, and there were several times we had to "make do", but they did not complain all day. Robert and I even mentioned to each other how content they were. They're growing up such happy children!

5 comments:

  1. Woo-Hoo! on the $91 dollars! You go girl.

    We did the reading program 2 years ago and had lots of fun at Six Flags. I do think the temp must go up by 20 degrees though when you go through the park entrance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I look awesome in that last picture. But you guys can tell me that also. :P

    Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm so glad you ALL got to go! I haven't take my littles yet and my biggins , even the big-biggest (aka: Dad) weren't fond of most of the coasters. Nate and I had a blast!
    Love Corla

    ReplyDelete